Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Social Media Conversations

Every day I hear or read the word Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Flickr, etc. And a couple of times a week I learn about another organization that is putting on an event or webinar around Social Media. The ones I've attended are always very well attended. Want to put on an event and be guaranteed people will come? Have an event on Social Media. Just be sure to make sure it's a great one or they'll "tweet","blog" or tell friends on Facebook what their thoughts are.

As I work to participate more heavily with these conversations and get "on the curve," my plan is to continue with my Marketing Via New Media class that I'm enrolled in for the Summer, watch 11 webinars over the next five weeks through www.magicuniversityu.com, and attend an all day conference tomorrow on Twitter (www.cooltwitterconferences.com). After learning all of this information this Summer, my plan is to present a social media strategy to my company in hopes of implementing one this September. Why? I want my company to be right there with me on the curve. With me as the driver, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment