Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why Twitter?

For the past 3-4 months I've known I need to learn Twitter and then sell my company on the idea of us starting to Tweet. Twitter is an excellent way to communicate to the members of our company quick little updates on upcoming events, news stories in our industry, giving more exposure to our members by tweeting about their companies successes with a link to learn more.

I am on my way to spend a full day learning about Twitter at the www.cooltwitterconferences.com. I am looking forward to hearing from the variety of speakers, meeting other attendees with similar interests and furthering my collection of examples on why my company and others need to take advantage of Twitter. I'll share with you some things that I learn.

2 comments:

  1. Twitter is definitely a great addition, or even a "must", for any company. We launched our association Twitter recently and it's been an excellent way to connect with members and others in our industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the Cool Twitter Conference as well ... I wrote some notes & thoughts about the conference in another blog I started http://mgnetworks.posterous.com - Marcia from class (Let's Talk About Books blog)

    ReplyDelete